The Crawford Central Community Foundation hosts its 5th annual “Spring Fever” Spelling Bee fundraiser on Saturday, April 25, 2020 at the Italian Civic Club in downtown Meadville. The event is free and open to the public (note: you must be at least 21 to attend). Doors open at 6:00 PM.
The Crawford Central Community Foundation has recently awarded grants totaling over $10,500 to classrooms and programs in our district schools. We’re pleased to announce the following grant recipients:
- MASH Football Travel Suits- MASH/Ray Collins
- Meadville High School Caring Closet- MASH/Natalie Stearns
- Let’s BARK the First District Way- First District/Kathleen Hootman
- West End Sensory Room- West End/ Emily Achenbach
- Guitars In The Classroom- MASH/Molly Caprara
- Maker Space- Cochranton Elementary/Dustin Castiglione
- Elementary Music Ukuleles- First District/Stephanie Chiocchi
- Cochranton HS Marching Band Trip to Disney- CHS Marching Band Boosters/Desiree Dennis
- Cochranton HS Trap Team Equipment- CHS/Desiree Dennis
- Cochranton Elementary Magic STEAM Project/ Cochranton Elementary Shyra Clayton
- Ukulele Project- Cochranton Elementary/Leslie Jensen
- Visionaries Derby- MAMS/Shane Ream and Christopher Oblich
- Courtyard Garden Club Project- Cochranton Elementary/ Cindy Nahay
- Flexible Seating Grant – First District/ Jennifer Chiocco
- Tasty Edible Math Activities- Cochranton Elementary/ Stacey Thompson
All CCCF grant recipients participate in a “Pay it Forward” project to spread the spirit of giving into our communities. This group’s “Pay It Forward” Projects include donating Holiday Food Baskets, Ukulele concerts at assisted living facilities and pre-schools, a Spring Community Concert, Blessing Bags, assisting Veterans Fair Week and Veteran’s day, creating decorative place mats for residents of area nursing homes throughout the year, and presenting STEAM Activities to a local pre-school and Kindergarten Class.
With the addition these newest grants, the Crawford Central Community Foundation has awarded over $45,000 since it was established in 2012.